Currently we are in need of a Senior Construction Coordinator to join our team at our Victoria Office. The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience working in residential concrete high-rise construction and is a highly motivated individual. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to work with one of BC’s most respected and proven residential and mixed-use developers.
The Senior Construction Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Construction Manager and Director of Construction on all operations relating to Townline’s projects. This work will include creating tender packages, drafting trade contract agreements, documenting all management and control processes and maintaining Procore.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Work with the Director of Construction and Construction Manager on project tenders such as:
- Creating tender packages with applicable drawings, surveys, reports, scopes of work;
- Managing and compiling bids and creating analytical reports comparing bids;
- Managing and responding to all RFI’s during tender period;
- Issuing LOI’s.
- Drafting trade contract agreements (LOI’s, CCA 1, Supply Agreements, Purchase Orders, etc.);
- Preparing and tracking all contract agreements and change orders/directives for each assigned project until full execution;
- Ensuring all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner;
- Documenting all management and control document process (RFI’s, SI’s, shop drawings, commitments, change orders);
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan;
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists;
- Inputting, uploading and maintaining accurate team/project information on Procore;
- Communicating with design team and trades regarding site issues and gathering necessary information required for decision making;
- Assist Construction Manager for project updates and SMT review;
- Participate in all appropriate internal meetings regarding project review;
- Participate in all applicable trade and site meetings;
- Work on project from tendering to occupancy.
Applicants for the roll must have the following:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in construction or building technology engineering;
- 5 years of direct work experience working in construction with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- A proficient understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities;
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment;
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers;
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines;
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related building codes;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills;
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders;
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Possess a valid drivers’ license.
Successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious or other valid grounds will be considered on a case by case basis.